Advertising opportunity for Dave - TMH

Perhaps Dave could find out how much the extra letters for "Handyman" would cost.

PJ

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember PJ saying something like:

advert. The full sign might be a useful thing to let motorists know where to avoid.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

up on sponsoring a roundabout I suppose.

There is something odd about this, I've never heard of it at all, its never been in the local rag or on local radio. At first I thought it was an April Fool gag. SWMBO works for Medway Council & she's never heard of it either.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

> They put up a giant letter 'E' first - must have looked like a drug > advert.

Oi. Overall, its a lovely area. Few duff bits of course, but we have the finest Norman keep in the country, a superb cathedral, historic dockyard, Rochester High St has more listed buildings than you could shake a stick at, a university etc.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Three universities, actually....well, satellite campuses all three....

Medway Council couldn't get it right, though, they say:

"A council spokesman said today: 'Medway Council recently carried out an initial feasibility study which involved putting up scaffolding to attach a letter E - the second letter in Medway - on land overlooking the M2."

Surely they should have used an M (it was an initial study, after all...)... [hides]

Reply to
Bob Eager

's the Daily Mail, and therefore probably lies.

Reply to
Huge

>>> They put up a giant letter 'E' first - must have looked like a drug >> advert.

Also Some of the worst Hospitals, a high pregnancy rate some *really* dodgy areas a river full of shyte and debris a council that don't know its arse from its elbow and to cap it all a fekin Ski slope!

So which bit of paradise are you from then?

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

The 3-bed semi in Rochester has already got decking.

They could save a bit by getting a quantity discount on the M and using one upside-down for the W.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

South Yorkshire by the sound of it.

Adam

Reply to
ARWadsworth

South *fekin* Yorkshire !!! I should cocoa!

Norf West Kent me...........................

Lived in the Mudway Toons for 12 years............*SO* glad to get out although pay frequent visits back to customers all around the area.

Any chance you could name somewhere in the UK without these problems?

Adam

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Since when has Canterbury been NW Kent?

Isle of Wight for a start....

Ah yes, but they have different problems there, because of the inbreeding...

Reply to
Bob Eager

Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Even better, use a third one placed at 90deg for the E.

Reply to
Adrian C

And you moved to Dartford? Jeez!

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Wilmingon ashkerly. Not a million miles from a Golf Club in the area

If it is popular, it will cost a fortune in ongoing maintenance over the years.

If it is unpopular, it will disintegrate or be vandalised and so be a lot of money to waste.

Some interesting bits here:

Reply to
Rod

Didn't Anvil Plant have a uge depot there?

If you reckon that Dartford, well known cultural wilderness, is better than the Medway Towns you should stop taking the illegal substances :-)

Reply to
The Medway Handyman