ADSL efficiency

I just downloaded an update - new thunderbird.

peaked at 654 kBytes a second, or 5200 odd kbps..better than 95% of my

5500 BRAS.

Thank you IP protocol, and IDNET for at least giving me an uncongested link..

since we were discussing this....

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

FWIW on a much worse rural line with enormous numbers of uplink errors I get a download speed of 96% of BRAS with sync 3360kbps and BRAS 2.5M.

So I think 95% of BRAS is probably a typical upper limit for ADSL.

Last week my BRAS was up to 3M and I was getting around 2.8M downloads.

Modem has been synced continuously now for 7 days (a record) and the error rates per day are

Upload FEC 8k CRC 100 HEC 503 Error sec 40 Download FEC 20 CRC 11 HEC 5 Error sec 0

I feel a bit aggrieved that the downlink speed is being throttled back because the uplink is so flakey but don't have time to chase them.

Reply to
Martin Brown

thats a bad connection IN the exchange

Reply to