Adjusting immersion stat for higher temperature

I came across this while Googling for something else.

you how to re-range an immersion stat which doesn't go to as high a temperature as you'd like. Just the job for mine which is limited to 60C.

Basically just take the cover off and move the knob round a bit on its splines.

Reply to
Dave Baker

Dave.

The web site says in RED letters DO NOT USE A MODIFIED THERMOSTAT FOR DOMESTIC WATER HEATING.

Adam

Reply to
ARWadworth

Personally I can't see what the stupid 60C regulation is there for. You can heat the water as hot as you like from the boiler. What difference does it make that it's being done by an element. In fact the old tank in my house had an immersion in it that would damn near get it boiling. It's just you can't buy those anymore. Anyway, anyone who's happy with water at 60C doesn't need to alter anything. I'll be having a tinker with mine asap though.

Reply to
Dave Baker

Arse covering!

Reply to
Bob Eager

Legally liable?

Adam

Reply to
ARWadworth

What 60C regulation? You can buy a new immersion stat for less than a fiver that will do up to 80C.

ARWadworth

Safety for kids, the elderly and people who aren't clever enough to have a bath I suspect.

Reply to
R D S

To stop people scalding themselves. Mind you I thought the minimum recomended storage temp for hot water was >>60C so that things don't grow in it. Which then means you have to fit thermosatic mixers on basins and baths in places with the "vulnerable" (elderly, children, hospitals etc) with a normal max of a luke warm 43C...

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

future may rely on the fact that it is limited to 60. One that is bought to go to 80deg is known to be that. That and arse covering.

Reply to
Bob Mannix