Adjusting an old radiator: how to free

Hi, Because of this cold weather I need to "switch on" a radiator that has been ignored for donkeys years.

It's a 1970s steel radiator, with a screw regulator at one end and an open or shut valve at the other end. Both have locking nuts that I have loosened. But I cannot loosen either valve screw and am scared to force. Any Advice?

Reply to
zzapper

I can't quite visualise what you've got from your description.

Any chance you upload some photos to somewhere on the web, and post a link here?

Reply to
Set Square

Hi Set Square

Used a bit of WD40 and then a quality 7mm spanner, and that did the trick. Please give me a kick if I use an adjustable spanner for a difficult job again!!!

Reply to
zzapper