Adjust uPVC door hinge

.. and I'll start with saying I have googled and he's not my friend.

I need to raise the door so that a nice carpet with underlay will fit and after a preliminary look decided I needed a nice set of Allen keys (thanks Screwfix).

So I turn the the top grub screw, one way it locks and the other it just comes out as in the photo. There are two others, one at the end on the door part and one behind the hinge (unreachable behind the window sill).

Clearly I'm missing the obvious - which is?

Reply to
AnthonyL

Adrian Caspersz

Plenty of YouTube videos here

but I'm not sure that you can adjust the height by much using the hinge adjusters. AIUI they're more for getting the door straight in the frame, so it doesn't rub or catch in say the top or bottom corners opposite the hinges, or moving the door in or out from the hinge line.

Reply to
Chris Hogg

I'm familiar with the Trojan hinges, not the ones pictured, but I suspect if you insert something thin into the hole on the left edge, the cover will pop open and you'll have more grub adjustments inside.

On mine a single grub screw adjusts up/down and in/out over the course of several turns.

Reply to
Andy Burns