Adhesives Question

Thanks to Kaiser and Roger on this group, I have located a replacement 'Metal Bracket - Rise and Fall', to replace a missing one of these:

Since the new bracket will be driven into a hole in the mortar that the old bracket fell out of, does anyone have any suggestions for what adhesive I can use to fix the bracket into the mortar?

Reply to
Lyndon

I quite like polyester resin (see screwfix.co.uk) for things like this. It sets rosk-hard in a very few minutes. It's best to have a few things you want to fix/fill as you will use up a mixing nozzle each time you use one of these tubes.

Pete

Reply to
Peter Lynch

You can get bigger plugs instead of whatever came out with the original. If that fails make the hole big enough to take a wooden wedge, put the screw in place (after checking the bracket for the correct place that is.)

Then put filler over the yawning gap. I take it that you have tried a brown plug and a #12 screw?

Reply to
Weatherlawyer

But the bracket doesn't *screw* to the wall (see the picture in the URL he quoted) - it has a spike which goes straight into the mortar joint.

Reply to
Roger Mills

Oof, I thought it was a shelf bracket.

Plugging chisel and some sort of mastic.

Reply to
Weatherlawyer

Epoxy mortar

An Inferior (but more pleasant looking) form of KarBoddiFilla.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher