adhesive/filler for stoves/surrounds

Hi,

I have an old French wood burning stove. It's fitted into a fireplace , with a registry plate, and a black metal fire surround to tivy the edge of the tiles.

I have tried to adhere the surround in place with Fire cement, but it seems to be very hard to get a good fixing and seems to come away after a few days.

Also the stove is old and has some form of filler in some of the seams in the enamelled iron, some of which has fallen out. It's still sound but I wondered if I should replace this ?

I'm wondering if there is a suitable filler/adhesive other than fire cement ?

Reply to
jives11