Adhesive edging for a laminate worktop

I have had to reduce the length of a bedroom white laminate 'worktop' by sawing it through. I want to cover the exposed sawn end which is

3mm thick. I have heard that it is possible to either glue or iron on a flexible tape, but I cannot find any at B & Q. Can anyone advise me what I need to ask for and where I can purchase it?

Marion

Reply to
Marion.Weild

Presumably you mean 3 cm?!

Have a read of the thread "Worktop edging" which started earlier today. If you ask for worktop edging strip that should get you what you want. Normally it's sold in ~600mm strips together with lengths of worktop (I've bought that myself at B&Q), and you may well have some difficulty finding it alone.

However, kitchen and bathroom suppliers ought to carry it - eg MFI? On the plus side, be glad it's white and not some esoteric pattern from the

1980s!

David

Reply to
Lobster

Worktop at 3mm thick? Can't be right. 38mm possibly?

Answer depends on the thickness really.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Thank you for your response. Yes, silly me, of course I meant 3cm & not 3 mm. Marion

Reply to
Marion.Weild

Thank you for your advice. Oops! sorry. Of course I meant 3cm & not