additional electric meter in loft

hi all I have a loft conversion and installed a seperate fuse box (daisyed chained off the main fuse box) for this so that I could use the OWL electric wireless device to monitor electricity usage by the loft and charge the tenant accordingly. However OWL doesn't measure the cost as accurately. Is anyone able to suggest how I can accomplish this please. thnks

Reply to
sun_9292

Just install an electricity meter between the feed from your CU and the new one

will do fine!

...you do know you are only allowed to charge what you pay I assume...

Toby...

Reply to
Toby

Any submeter you provide must be approved by the electricity company, and not many of them are, making the whole thing a minefield. Owl monitors are definately not approved and you are commiting an offence by using one to meter your tennants electricity.

have a read of this before you go any further:

Phil L

£13.60 seems rather cheap does it come with a calibration cert;?..
Reply to
tony sayer

Try ebay item 350164825584 Said to be approved and calibrated

Reply to
cynic

>> --

Nice link Phil