Additional coat for pressure treated timber?

I have bought a timber building from Lugarde and have given all the raw wood a couple of coats of Sadolin Wood Preserver.

The (optional) floor was suppled pressure treated and the supplier said definately not to paint or apply finish to it, but would it benefit from a coat of Sadolin as well? I plan to dab the exposed sawn ends which were cut after the treatment, but wonder whether there was any benefit in coating the whole lot?

Colin

Reply to
Colin M

Hi,

No, an extra coat of preserver probably wouldn't penetrate as far as the pressure treatment.

cheers, Pete.

Reply to
Pete C

Thanks Pete, I guessed as much. I'll just wop some on the ends.

Colin

Reply to
Colin M