Adding sockets to ring main/add another ring

I dont know why one would think that.

Or why doing it from new is meeting current requirements but an expanded old ring isnt.

NT

Reply to
NT

Thanks, that's very helpful. The 50 metre number came from:

"The length of cable used in a ring circuit is limited to 50 metres for circuits protected by an MCB."

If that number is wrong then that means we have plenty to play with and there's no sense in coming up with ad-hoc solutions.

Reply to
Jim

Not sure where they got that 50m figure, but its definitely not right. From the horses mouth:

John Rumm

Thanks John, and indeed everyone who contributed to the thread. I've now got a way forward :)

Bill

Reply to
Bill Payer