Adding sliding cheeks to standard fence of Trend router table?

I think I saw some drawings of bolts with cylindrical heads. These would do the job OK but I don't know how diffucult they are to come by.

That will be sort of tricky with round headed bolts. Maybe I need to find some square headed jobs or maybe standard hex heads will provide enough of a flat both sides of the slot. Thanks for the tips.

Cheers,

Richard

Reply to
treenoakio

I was meaning that hex headed bolts are not completely flat on top. If you measure at the edges and rout the groove based on that, you risk the heads protruding. Not good in a fence.

Peter

Reply to
Peter Ashby

Thanks Peter, I'll be sure to keep my heads down. And hexagonal.

Cheers, Richard

Reply to
treenoakio

Thanks John. You are correct, the dust shroud is located at the base of the enclosure. I used a dust shroud that was designed for the bottom of a contractor style table saw - it tapers nicely into the pipe connector.

Here's a decent pic:

Regards, John Nixon
Buffalo, NY

Reply to