adding a radiator

Having just bought a towel radiator (right price!) It's a bit small to replace the current bathroom one, so I was thinking of running it in parallel, just taking two taps off the top 1/2 bsp holes and mounting it above the existing radiator ,

what's the chances of this working? having just fitted a shower cubical all the 8mm feed and return pipes are now almost hidden (permanently!!)

Des

Reply to
Dieseldes

Should be fine.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

It will probably get hot, however do you need it to get hot if the rad underneath is hot? You could just mount it and pretend.

Reply to
dennis

"Dieseldes" wrote

Should work, but if this is the highest heated point on your system, be prepared for it to be the last to heat up.

Phil

Reply to
TheScullster

As we have an oil fired Stanley running the radiators, we have the bathroom one on all the time (when the c/h is running) All the rest have thermostatic valves. It is this one I was going to add the towel radiator too, with the replies so far I suspect it will work OK,

Now to find a 1/2" to 8mm adapter!

Des

Reply to
Dieseldes