Adding a radiator

Can I add another radiator on my system. Is it possible to tee off from the feed pipe off an existing radiator, one from the feed line and the other on the return or will this cause problems?

Reply to
Allan Gamble

Allan, Tiscali have disconnected the news server, so nothing goes out or comes in. It's been like this since 27th August and the company refuses to make any comment or treat it as a fault.

Reply to
DL2

That would normally be OK, unless either radiator is extremely big in which case the pipework might not handle the flow for another. You should rebalance the radiators afterwards.

If your system is a single pipe system (radiators connected in series rather than parallel), then you would connect it in series, with a bypass pipe across the bottom, as with the other radiators. Then rebalance that single pipe loop.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

In general, yes you can extend as you describe. Obviously it helps if the boiler is not already struggling to cope with the load. You can only stick about 6kW of heat down a 15mm pipe, so it might be worth checking that you are not teeing into a small pipe feeding a bunch of big radiators!

To give a more reliable answer we would need to know how many rads are there currently, the power of the boiler (or make and model), a bit about how it is piped, and if its a sealed or vented system.

Reply to
John Rumm