Adding 2nd Storey to Bungalow - Cost?

permission.

Roughly what would demolishion cost? 20k? I have no idea.

As I've said in a nother post it seems unlikely that a demolishion would be allowed, alothugh adding another storey would! The end effect is the same so you wonder why demolishion/rebuild wouldn't be allowed. Oh well, I'll find all this out for definite in the next few months!

Reply to
Steve

Anything from 600-1,000 for a bungalow. That is no ripping out the foundations. The groundworkers for the new house probably would do that.

Reply to
IMM

"Steve" wrote | As I've said in a nother post it seems unlikely that a demolishion | would be allowed, alothugh adding another storey would! The end | effect is the same so you wonder why demolishion/rebuild wouldn't | be allowed.

If the site were vacant would it be easier to get a new house up?

There are ways of making a site vacant (roofless, dereliction, fire, unsafe structure, demolition ...) but it'll add a couple of years delay to the schedule.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Wow, I was well off the mark then! Anyway, it's all academic now as once again we have been gazumped, the offer was accepted on Saturday and another mystery offer was put in this morning higher than ours with no chain, EXACTLY the same circumstances with teh first property we offered on. Makes you wonder if it's worth the stress etc........ Thanks for all the advice though, I'm sure to need more when I find another house I want to put an offer in on!

Reply to
Steve