Acrylic baths chip repair?

Anyone got any personal recommendations of a procedure and/or method.
I have a couple of very small (say 8mm*2mm*1mm deep) chips caused by the metal plug 'swinging' into the bottom of the bath I believe (it wasn't me guv).
I have seen this product but given the cost involved for such a minor repair I would like a recommendation before shelling out.
http://tinyurl.com/2gpn2
TIA.
"Phnix" <mindyouownbusiness> writes:

Everything in the sig, which is therefore too long, and not displayed by many news clients.

"X-No-archive:" not in the headers, nor the first line of text, and therefore ignored.
Phnix <mindyouownbusiness> wrote:

If it is an acrylic bath, scratches can be polished out since it's the same material all the way through. Start with fine wet or dry used wet - say 600 first then 1200 to finish and finally polish with Brasso or an acrylic polish.
And change the plug to a rubber one. ;-)
--
*Friends help you move. Real friends help you move bodies.

Dave Plowman wrote:

Like I said it's a chip not a scratch so simply polishing will not really be appropriate. It will need filling even though small.

I think I may start to give the culprit plastic cutlery and cups too.
Phnix <mindyouownbusiness> wrote:

Well, you reckoned it was only 1mm deep, so I'd call that a deep scratch.
--
*Thank you. We're all refreshed and challenged by your unique point of view

Dave Plowman wrote:

If you try to 'polish' out a 'scratch' or chip that deep I think you'd be polishing a pretty big area in order to disguise it or it would appear like a dent, and possibly become a water trap. I think I'd rather keep the repair more localised.
Thanks anyway.
Phnix <mindyouownbusiness> wrote:

Could be. It's just that I reckon a truely invisible filler repair unlikely, as well as costly.
--
*I must always remember that I'm unique, just like everyone else. *

Phnix wrote:
Nothing at all.
Ah. Its in the sig. Why did you post your message in the sig?
R W wrote:

My error. I use the sig utility to insert "X-No-archive: yes" and usually delete the previous lines including "--"
There must be a better way but I'm not aware of it yet.