Acrylic baths chip repair?

Anyone got any personal recommendations of a procedure and/or method.

I have a couple of very small (say 8mm*2mm*1mm deep) chips caused by the metal plug 'swinging' into the bottom of the bath I believe (it wasn't me guv).

I have seen this product but given the cost involved for such a minor repair I would like a recommendation before shelling out.

TIA.

Reply to
Phöènix

Everything in the sig, which is therefore too long, and not displayed by many news clients.

"X-No-archive:" not in the headers, nor the first line of text, and therefore ignored.

Reply to
Huge

If it is an acrylic bath, scratches can be polished out since it's the same material all the way through. Start with fine wet or dry used wet - say 600 first then 1200 to finish and finally polish with Brasso or an acrylic polish.

And change the plug to a rubber one. ;-)

Reply to
Dave Plowman

Like I said it's a chip not a scratch so simply polishing will not really be appropriate. It will need filling even though small.

I think I may start to give the culprit plastic cutlery and cups too.

Reply to
Phöènix

Well, you reckoned it was only 1mm deep, so I'd call that a deep scratch.

Reply to
Dave Plowman

Nothing at all.

Ah. Its in the sig. Why did you post your message in the sig?

Reply to
R W

My error. I use the sig utility to insert "X-No-archive: yes" and usually delete the previous lines including "--"

There must be a better way but I'm not aware of it yet.

Reply to
Phöènix

If you try to 'polish' out a 'scratch' or chip that deep I think you'd be polishing a pretty big area in order to disguise it or it would appear like a dent, and possibly become a water trap. I think I'd rather keep the repair more localised.

Thanks anyway.

Reply to
Phöènix

Could be. It's just that I reckon a truely invisible filler repair unlikely, as well as costly.

Reply to
Dave Plowman