Acrylic Bath Waste

Hi,

I am just installing my roll-top acrylic bath and I have go standard bath wastes. The problem is tht because acrylic is thicker than a steel bath (my acrylic bath is 10mm thick) the overflow part of the waste doesnt have a long enough thread to allow the grill bot to catch and screw on.

I have looked around all the DIY sheds nd cant find any that have longer threads, they all seem to be standard. Does anyboy know where I can find one with a longer thread? I'm sure they must exist as these baths are quite common!

Thanks

Tom

Reply to
Thomarse

I never had a problem on those: try a quality plumbing outlet..

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

10mm is very thick. Standard is 6mm, quality usually 8mm. I have just installed a quality fibreglass bath and there was only just enough thread on the overflow. However you could have rendered the question pointless by googling for:

"10mm overflow bath"

!
Reply to
Bob Mannix