This bath is brand new and we haven't even finished installing it yet :( The whirlpool equipment fitted to it make it worth repairing rather than replacing.
--
mark

On Tue, 10 Feb 2004 20:48:39 +0000, mark wrote:

using 2 pack wood filler (this can be sanded very vey smooth and then spray enamel painted). This was to repair a leaking split.
You can still see the repair so it won't haul you out of the hole you are in - you have my sympathies.
The FAQ for uk.diy is at www.diyfaq.org.uk

down beyond level of scratch (more like 1mm than 2) then toothpaste then proprietary acrylic bath polish.
:)
Having done the scratch in the new bath I then turned my new found skill to the customers existing bath (which he had scratched himself with a dropped tile and fixed that as well.)
--
mark

On Sun, 15 Feb 2004 20:10:22 +0000, mark wrote:

I'm impressed... How long did it take you, how many scotch brite bads did you use?
The FAQ for uk.diy is at www.diyfaq.org.uk

Must have taken about an hour to do both scratches. The pads were green (medium ?).
I've since been told (but have not tried it) that tile grout can also be used.
--
mark

I'd have used wet or dry to start with - say about 400 grade. Acrylic is very similar to car paint in the way it can be treated for scratch removal/polishing.
--
*The sooner you fall behind, the more time you'll have to catch up *

Dave Plowman wrote:

Possibly because most modern car paints are acrylic?
:-)

Not sure about the water based ones. The very best from the wear point of view were the two part isocyanates, but they're sort of banned now -at least for factory use. I was thinking more of cellulose which is pretty similar to perspex in the way you polish it.
--
*Why do overlook and oversee mean opposite things?

Dave Plowman wrote:

Cellulose no longer used in factory jobs either. all water based stuff I think.

Oh indeed. But it's the stuff of choice for DIY car work, so I'm more familiar with it.
--
*Where there's a will, I want to be in it.

acylic cap. Apparently you can use T-cut to bring up the finish when you're done scratching it. I have yet to try it though...
Neil

No need to pay for T-Cut. Use Brasso.
--
*What hair colour do they put on the driver's license of a bald man? *