Access to modern Cistern

See this photo:-

cistern keeps on filling, so I need to access it to investigate the problem. As you can see I've managed to achieve front access, but I need to remove that chrome plated plastic panel on top to get at it properly. I cannot seem to get if off, obviously before I start using brute force, does anybody know which parts are supposed to yield ?!

TIA

Reply to
Mark Carver

My guess would be clips holding it in, but maybe someone has siliconed around it as well?

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Usually if you push it horizontally in one direction it will move a few millimetres, then you can lift the far side up, slide it back the other way and remove. Yours may be different though.

jenny

That's it !!!! I'd never have figured it comes off like that.

Thanks Jenny

Reply to
Mark Carver