Access to BS docs

I was rather disappointed the other day to find out that Essex libraries have stopped subscribing to the BSOL web site for BS documents.

Hence no ability to get easy access to copies of standards any more.

Anyone know of another source?

Is the BSOL site still using silverlight?

Reply to
John Rumm

You used to be able to create an online account with Lancashire Library without needing to live in Lancashire. They provided access to British Standards, etc. I haven't used it for a while, so don't know whether anything has changed.

Reply to
Roger Mills

Manchester Central Library (they'll let you join regardless of where you live)

No thank god, it seems like a HTML5 based PDF renderer now, works in Firefox, downloading the actual PDF isn't enabled.

Reply to
Andy Burns

Yup, that seems to work, and you don't even need a library card. Thanks.

Just trying to work out if the PDF is rendered server side or client side...

Reply to
John Rumm

ok, sussed it. Client side, but then rendered in a JS document viewer, with the content streamed into it rather than downloaded in the traditional sense. So downloading the PDF may not be enabled, but that can be worked around ;-)

Reply to
John Rumm