Accesibility of crimped/soldered cable joints?

Can anybody quote references from BS7671 or the OSG that says that crimped or soldered cable joints do NOT have to be accessible for inspection?

(Something that came up in my CG2381 training today.)

Reply to
John Stumbles

"526-04 Accessibility of connections

526-04-01 Except for the following, every connection and joint shall be accessible for inspection, testing and maintenance:

(i) a compound-filled or encapsulated joint (ii) a connection between a cold tail and a heating element (e.g. a ceiling and floor heating system, a pipe traceheating system) (iii) a joint made by welding, soldering, brazing or compression tool (iv) a joint forming part of the equipment complying with the appropriate product standard."

Part (iii) is the bit you are after.

Reply to
John Rumm

OK thanks, just found that myself. I'll ask the gaffer tomorrow.

How about putting that reference in the wiki article?

Reply to
John Stumbles

Done!

Reply to