AAA battery storage

Anyone got a source for (inexpensive) cases to hold AAA batteries. I would prefer something specifically designed for AAA rather than one that also holds AAs and lets the AAAs rattle around.

Are you talking holders for using them as in battery pack or just a box? If just a box many people seem to just line a convenient old container with foam and us that. Brian

Reply to
Brian-Gaff

Just a box. I would prefer something like the 'usual' AA boxes as they help me to organise the batteries.

I use the plastic `boxes` that business cards come in, ideal for creating a storage system for small items.

Reply to
ss

Are you saying that there are special boxes to store batteries?

Reply to
ARW

When I buy my aaa batteries they come in BOXES of 10.

Reply to
alan_m

newshound

Yes. But I away the ones which came with some batteries years ago. I find elastic bands are just as good at keeping together "sets" of rechargeable batteries: they take up less room that way; and the bands are delivered free with the post :)

OTOH I have learnt the hard way to put insulation over the terminals of the PP9s - or rather the hot and squishy meltdown way.

Reply to
Robin

Bob Eager

You can afford PP9s? Haven't bought one for many years!

Reply to
Bob Eager

7Dayshop do boxen, their own brand and Eneloop.
Reply to
PeterC

Ahem, make that recharegable PP3s as used for battery backup in the mains smoke alarms.

I blame the fingers - but it was bloody hard typing that as they kept wanting to tell their side of the story.

That said, I did buy a PP9 2 years ago for a neighbour's old bell. I don't recall it seeming that expensive.

Reply to
Robin

Not quite as bad as I remembered. But for many, many years I had a transistor radio that used two of them....

One of these (although mine had been recovered in canvas and I rescued it from a bin):

Bob Eager

Batteries aren't what they used to be. ;-)

Curly spring terminals, binding posts, none of your little press studs.

Chris

Reply to
Chris J Dixon

In message , Chris J Dixon writes

Absolutely. I still use a torch that takes a 6v lantern battery, with two screw terminals on top (4R25).

Reply to
News

That's the kind of box I'm looking for, but AAA specific.

To be used to carry spare batteries when I'm away from home.

One of my first stops, but I couldn't find AAA specific boxes and I don't want AAAs rattling around in an AA box when I'm out with a camera.

The Eneloop ones take AAs parallel with the long axis and AAAs across that axis so that they fit properly. A bit oversize, as in AAA configuration there's room for 5 cells. Given that AAs are more common and the small demand for AAA boxes, I'd guess that the dual-purpose ones are the best bet.

Reply to
PeterC

I assume for use whilst out walking (camera/torch replacements etc) or just for spares to keep in the car?

Just checked my van door pocket. 12 batteries in there! All AA and AAA. Just thrown there.

Guess what I need to buy:-)?

AAA specific is not a problem for me as I drive a Vauxhall and the usual rattles of the doors, ladders on the roof etc will be louder than the batteries in the box.

Reply to
ARW

Out with the camera, spares when we're away (searching through a suitcase isn't how I want to spend my time) and keeping them together at home rather than having them rolling around the counter next to the charger (a Management requirement!).

Can't think...

You need a pair of ear defenders then. Cheaper than a new van.

Oh, and the Vulcan is being advertised 'with further flights planned

*through October*'. I'll be at Menwith Hill for tomorrow's northern tour.