A1 response 8000 wireless alarm panel.

Hi, as subject...
    Has anyone got a spare panel for this now obsolete wireless alarm system?
    I note that A1 are no longer, and need a working panel to replace a faulty one, seems a shame to junk a lot of working sensors due to a failed circuit board.
--

Regards,

Will.

Does it use special sensors, then? I thought they were all interchangeable. What's different about them? Might be easier to make some form of interface to use a modern board.
--
*This message has been ROT-13 encrypted twice for extra security *

On Tue, 16 Sep 2003 10:17:57 +0100, Dave Plowman

Hi Dave,
    Thanks for your response, the unit is of the wireless variety, and, as such, I assumed that the sensors would be "unique" to each manufacturer?
    If they are interchangeable, it will make my life a little easier...
    Looking forward to your confirmation!
--

Regards,

Will.

On Tue, 16 Sep 2003 10:01:27 +0100, "Gordon" <me> wrote:

Hi Gordon,
    Thanks for your response, I'm afraid that I haven't got any working panels to hand at the moment, and I'm not sure if the panel you have is suitable for my purposes, I'll have to see if I can find out...
    I see that screwfix do a panel suitable for remote (wired) keyswitch or keypad operation, 8 zone for 45.50, which may be of interest to you?
--
Regards,

Will.

On Tue, 16 Sep 2003 10:01:27 +0100, "Gordon" <me> wrote:

Gordon,
    I can't find out anything about the RF8012 panel, but as there's a chance that it may work with the existing sensors, I would be interested to discuss possibilities...
    You can respond by email to: snipped-for-privacy@ntlworld.com
It'll be interesting how much spam that (throwaway) address gets!
--

Regards,

Will.