A/V wiring - faceplates/boxes?

Currently organising the A-V/ethernet setup for the tellybox etc. There'll be 7 pairs of surround-sound speaker terminals, 2 RJ45 sockets, a terrestrial TV coax socket and a cable TV F-socket (I may have missed something!) all emerging from the wall below the TV, and require terminating. I thought of doing it all using Euromodules, but that would require 11 of the things, needing a ridiculous 3 double-socket boxes to accomodate...

So anyway,I've found this 7.1 face plate on ebay which will help:

...and the 4 remaining connections would fit as Euromodules in a second double-socket box.

I was wondering if there was a double-double socket box available, along the lines of this:

Or any better method of doing this? (Whatever, I do want all these to be surface mounted, via mini trunking, as far as the adjacent wall.)

Thanks

Reply to
Lobster

If you're using surface mount simply mounting the two back boxes touching will be pretty close.

BTW, I'm trying to think why you'd want all the surround speaker outlets in the same place?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Another couple of F connectors in case of future satellite?

As the inlets surely?

Reply to
Andy Burns

CCTV?

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

'cause the AV amp is there and thus the starting point for all the speaker feeds?

CPC have a range of AV faceplates, not looked at them close enough to know if any meet the spec mind...

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

On 07 Nov 2014, "Dave Liquorice" grunted:

Is the correct answer! :)

Thanks. Have just waded through all 526 offerings in their "wallplate" section, but don't see anything that really does better than what I've already found, so am reasonably reassured I've done as well as I can do. Only possibility I might consider was a Euromodule which has two pairs of speakers rather than one, which I haven't seen before (ie, half the number of speaker modules needed).

Reply to
Lobster

My only comment is I'd say that panel would look incredibly untidy when wired. I'd be more likely to use a pair of Speakon 8s for the amp to wall box connection. If it shows.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

In article , Lobster writes

I'd be worried about so many uninsulated binding posts on a single plate.

I've done something similar using 4 pole cannon type connectors:

These are euromod double blanks (for strength) drilled (easily) to accept the connectors. Four males side by side for your application would fit in a double plate and give you the option of up to 8 speaker pairs.

I'll look out the precise connector details if you're interested.

Reply to
fred