A solution to stop doors slamming/being slammed?

When a door is slammed it forces the air in front of it forwards. If the room is large then there is plenty of room for this air and the slam can be impressive (especially if the windows are open). However if the room is small and the windows are closed the air in the room acts as a cushion making door slamming vey difficult. So the solution is to live in a house with small rooms and to keep the windows closed!

Reply to
kent

Yes but then you have increased territorial problems....

Reply to
Andy Hall

Ah yes, violence, first reort of the stupid.

Is there some sort of fear of treating children like people?

Reply to
Steve Firth

Do you think children aren't people? AIUI children, teenagers, adults are all people.

Reply to
dennis

"nightjar .me.uk>"

What about fitting 3 or 4 cupboard soft closers - to share the additional load?

Although I suppose a pushed door would tend to bounce off the buffers

Reply to
John

Remove the doors. They soon learn that they'd rather have doors and some privacy but learn not to slam them than have no doors at all.

Reply to
Skipweasel

Teenage behaviour is down to teenagers being half-finished adults who haven't finished learning to be civilised. Mostly.

Reply to
Skipweasel

That's a bizarre conclusion.

And do you resort to thrashing adults who don't do what you say? And if you do, do you have any teeth left?

Reply to
Steve Firth

Who mention thrashing anyone? Is that what you do?

Reply to
dennis

And which of the above stop teenagers from closing a door quietly?

Owain

Reply to
Owain

So every time they slam a door, piss in their sleeping bag.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

And not having dealt with these issues properly is whose fault?

Reply to
Mogga

Are you as stupid as you seem?

'In my day it would have been a "good sound thrashing"'

Reply to
Steve Firth

That was so far back as to be pre-history. I still don't see what your point is other than to be argumentative so I will end it here.

Reply to
dennis

Admitting you were wrong would have been more graceful.

The only being argumentative here was you, again.

Reply to
Steve Firth

Or leaving them open?

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

What amazes me is that most children, even the worst (in our eyes) grow into sensible, responsible adults. Just as we did ...

I remember a neighbour despairing that she was rearing juvenile delinquents, I thought they were delightful - just as she thought our five were. Parents see things others don't, perhaps we expect/ed too much.

Hers became the classic doctor and lawyer ... mine didn't but they are now adults who give more to society than they take from it.

And shout at their children for banging doors or leaving them open :-)

Time heals most ills. Except that it will get worse before it gets better :-(

Mary

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Yes. And how nice to see you - I thought you'd died!

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Rather off topic, but do you think that the politicians protecting children to the Nth degree has contributed to the terrible crimes that a (relatively) few young people commit? Is there any way left for society to reasonably punish misdemeanants before they commit more serious offences?

Reply to
Broadback

IME if teenagers behave like 5 year olds it's because at 5 they weren't allowed to behave like teenagers.

Reply to
Stuart Noble