A happy ending (Was: Bleeding radiators...)

All,

In case you were waiting with bated breath...

Judging by the 'glooping' sound as I opened the lockshield valve, the problem was a combination of sludge and a not-really-opened-enough lockshield valve.

The rad is now working perfectly. It's easy really, innit?

Thanks everyone.

Peter

Reply to
Peter Kemp

In article , Peter Kemp writes

Well done.

I balanced a new system for a friend (via the lockshields) after the installer failed to do it and one radiator stopped working after a few weeks. The sealing washer on the lockshield had swollen in contact with the hot water, shutting it off. All was fine after a tweak on the balancing.

Reply to
fred