A Great DIY site

Try signing into easymaintain.com for all the tips and tricks of the trade to maintain your property

Reply to
Nicko

|Try signing into easymaintain.com for all the tips and tricks of the |trade to maintain your property

Better to stay with usenet and uk.d-i-y where you can get individual answers to your questions usually within minutes

Reply to
Dave Fawthrop

Far rather hear advice from a whole range of experts (and not) than one.

NT

Reply to
meow2222

The message from Dave Fawthrop contains these words:

Not always. I asked a question about burglar alarms recently and had a total lack of response. Strange to find such a huge gap in the expertise of the contributors to this ng.

Reply to
Roger

uk.d-i-y probably had more expert contributors, and they don't feel the urge to spam in order to get traffic.

Reply to
Colin Wilson

uk.d-i-y does have resident burger alarm expertise. I didnt see your question, but naturally not all posts are answered for various reasons, most often to do with the post itself.

I doubt any forum will guarantee answers, not unless you're paying. Even then it cvan be hard to know how to reply to some qs. ukdiy doesnt seem to suffer that much, but many ngs & forums do.

NT

Reply to
meow2222

You asked a question which could only be answered by someone who knew the capabilities of an Optima XM6 and some other alarm system in detail, so you limited yourself to someone who had installed that specific system and some other system, which is going to be a very small number of DIYers. If you instead said what features your required, you might have got more responses.

uk.tech.electronic-security might have been a newsgroup for your original enquirey.

We used to. I wonder what happened to Bill Boyd?

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

The message from snipped-for-privacy@cucumber.demon.co.uk (Andrew Gabriel) contains these words:

Now you tell me. :-)

I was also interested in finding a reliable supplier for the replacement which I have now ordered. Unfortunately it appears to have been delayed/disappeared in transit.

Reply to
Roger

He'll be back no doubt when he has served his time. Maybe sooner on tag.

Reply to
Weatherlawyer

Is his missus that strict?

Owain