A compressor, a tennis ball and a ball of string!

The thread about handy electrical installation techniques for some reason reminded me of how to get a drawrope through an existing ductline. :-)

Reply to
The Wanderer

Pffft!

A mouse, a piece of chocolate and a piece of string. :-)

Reply to
George

A vacuum cleaner, some rag or a ball, and a piece of string...

Reply to
John Rumm

Nah, won't work in a 4" or 6" earthenware duct that's under a road, has to be a compressor hose to blow the ball through.

Reply to
The Wanderer

Our lads (BT) use a plastic carrier bag rather than a ball - doesn't half fly down the duct :o)

Reply to
John

yebbut you can't play wiv a carrier bag......

:-)

Reply to
The Wanderer

I still remember the first time I saw a "duct motor" in action, years ago as a damp-lugged BT apprentice. Damned funny things to watch throbbing away on a concrete yard, let alone when it's a crowd of teenagers and the odd mucky-minded Essex (Suffolk, near enough) girl.

Andy Dingley

A vacuum cleaner, a mouse, and a piece of string...

David

Reply to
Lobster

You can if you're a Tory MP and also have a pair of stockings and some fruit.

Reply to
Steve Firth

Before the Age of Cotton Wool I made a shed load of dosh for the local junior school at their school summer fete with a compressor, plastic drain pipe and some old tennis balls.

The Cannon of Doom fired balls all over the field all afternoon to delighted kids.

Now I would be arrested for terrorism and not having a full risk assessment done and ten million in insurance.

Reply to
EricP

In message , The Wanderer writes

You mean "the missus, a kick up the arse and a torch" surely?

I'm off... please don't any of you dare tell her I said that as she's bigger than me. And don't tell her I said that either!!!

I'll get me coat. Someone

Reply to
somebody

And you'd be done for ageism for using 'old' tennis balls...

And sexism for using any balls at all.

Reply to
Frank Erskine

A hamster, sellotape and a piece of string. If the hamster doesn't run at the sight of the sellotape then you can always find another use for it.

MBQ

Reply to
Man at B&Q

But hamsters aren't much use for wrapping parcels?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Slice 'em thinner

Reply to