A challenge. Post an Earthing question that gets less than 10e6 replies

A challenge. Post an Earthing question that gets less than 10e6 replies. Well, let's say um, 10.

Betch you can't!

ps this is OT and silly, but we need some things like this now and again.

Reply to
Dave

The message from Dave contains these words:

Should the bare earth wire behind sockets be sleeved?

Reply to
Guy King

And that is just if you post it in a DIY group. Do the same in an amateur radio group and 10e12 is more the the norm ;-)

Funny lot them radio amateurs, so my wife tells me.

--

73 Brian
Brian Reay

Definitely. If you leave reasonable length tails - not the 'oh my gawd I can't fit tiles behind' type that some pro sparks are so keen on, there's no chance of a short. I also always use deep (35mm) boxes for the same reason.

My pet hate? Plaster depth boxes for light switches. For a start they're always deeper than any plaster on brick I've come across. And of course most decent dimmers won't fit them when you come to change the switch for one.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

The message from "Dave Plowman (News)" contains these words:

Well, there you go then - an earthing question with a simple answer.

Reply to
Guy King

Include some Americans and their wiring code if your really want to see some sparks fly...

It's thankfully getting more acceptable to walk down the street seemingly talking to yourself.

Reply to
Adrian C

It's always been acceptable to do so in Scotland if one has a wee refreshment taken.

Scots are getting more tolerant towards sobriety.

Owain

Reply to
Owain