a cavity wall question

Hello all, new to all this as I have just moved into a new (for me) house. I am considering getting cavity wall insulation installed but have found out that the inside of the external walls of my 1992 built house are made from insulated plasterboard similar to this stuff

on the walls, then the cavity, then the external wall.

So given that the walls are already insulated will filling the cavity make much difference?

Thanks Tracy

Reply to
tracy

Additional insulation in the cavity will reduce heat loss. A firm local to you will probably be able to advise you on the phone regarding suitability, otherwise they can do a free survey which they have to do anyway to check that the property is suitable and to work out the cost less grants.

Reply to
Codswallop

If the cavity is uninsulated, filling it will make a difference, but the savings will not be as much as on an uninsulated wall. Is the cavity not already insulation filled?

NT

Reply to
meow2222