[A bit OT] Killing Rats

Was that after you'd beaten it with a branch?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Sigh.

Reply to
Huge

Except I was in my thirties when I did that ...

Reply to
Huge

On 20 Feb 2005, Mary Fisher wrote

Those loose ones are even more dangerous, though.

Reply to
Harvey Van Sickle

Arrows are shot. There's no fire involved.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

An old petrol lawn mower works for this, the rats don't stay down the hole and die but try and escape. So I leave a hole open and set by this with an old rim fire 22 s/auto with dum-dum load, great fun

-- Mark §

Reply to
Mark

On 20 Feb 2005, Mary Fisher wrote

Aww.....not even a passing acknowledgement of my reference to "loose" in the context of arrows? :(

Reply to
Harvey Van Sickle

I thought about it but you used 'loose' as an adjective, not a verb :-)

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

On 20 Feb 2005, Mary Fisher wrote

Sometimes ya' hafta' stretch a point to make a pun work... ;)

Reply to
Harvey Van Sickle

Suddenly I have the urge to recreate the Chinese black-powder arrow firing cannon, just so that I really can "fire" an arrow.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

I know and I'm sorry you didn't hit gold but it might have been accidental ...

Mary Off to make dinner now

Reply to
Mary Fisher

*grin*

No. I missed what I was aiming at - the car happened to be in the way...

Reply to
Huge

I'll have one! But I can't think that a wooden and feather arrow would stand much chance ... mind you, the tip could be nasty. No need for the wooden part then though ...

... back to the drawing board. Nice try.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

I really must invest in that packet of tags.

Reply to
Steve Firth

Did it in my barn using the generator.

Reply to
Steve Firth

I think some rats might win that one.

Reply to
Mike

Okay - consider yourself reminded :-)

Now dig the dirt :-)

Reply to
Mike

Where are you ? Half of the country is under several inches of snow and the rest has suffered persistant drizzle for so long now that everywhere is waterlogged. We're even on the point of approaching the council for temporary closing orders on public paths in case somebody drowns in the mud.

Reply to
Mike

Tell us about the time you shot your car with a crossbow.

Please.

And why.

And if you killed it or just winged it.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

That's only on the surface though. The rats won't drown :-(

I suspect Oxfordshire.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher