A bit OT - but someone will know... (Camcorder)

...................or it should have gone to a different group (please advise).
A friend has a Sony TRV19 Mini DV Camcorder which was bought in the US. It is clearly a NTSC version and he now realises his error. Is there a way he can download to a VHS VCR which has NTSC capability and then view it on his TV?
Plugging the camera into the TV just gives a monochrome picture.
--

Regards

John

John wrote:

Connecting the RGB from the Sony into the scart inputs of a UK video that has NTSC playback capability (most modern ones do) 'should' give you a watchable UHF signal from the modulator. I suspect your TV is not too modern as you would otherwise be able to plug RGB from the sony direct to the TV.
hth
Bob
--
To Reply directly to my mailbox, change myisp to ntlworld

On Mon, 29 Dec 2003 13:06:13 +0000, Bob Minchin

Do some searching on google. There may be a way to convert it to Pal by re-programming the camera via the lanc connector.
A quick search got http://www.rwc.yertiz.com/other.htm
But further searching got nothing.
Good Luck.
Rick...

his
If your mate has a PC it might be best to get a VIVO type pci card with NTSC / PAL switchable settings in hardware and/or software, depending on what exactly its for. I don't knwo that exact model but if its got fireware then its easy just to pull the vid in and change the output format, then run it out the svhs and audio to a scart socket. Handy to have this sort of kit anyway for editing, saving to mpeg on CD/DVD etc
Or buy a new TV and video...
Robert

A PAL VHS which can play an NTSC tape hasn't actually converted that NTSC signal to PAL - it's simply a bodge between it and the TV which produces a watchable picture.