A bit of Gripfill will fix that.

Why the *Scottish* Sun?

Reply to
Jaffna Dog

Because McSmith's don't sell the Sassenach Sun.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

I take it you've lost your tinfoil hat?

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

FFS has no-one else noticed that?

Air is nitrogen plus oxygen. Both of them as the dimer. So it's 29, not

14.5!

Andy

Reply to
Andy Champ

Sometimes it builds up somewhere else, e.g. under a floor. Sense of smell (and consequently some tastes too) can dimish with age.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

There's a picture of the boiler here

Anyone recognise it?

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Looks like a worcester bosch laying on its front

although a set of installation instructions I downloaded show the pressure vessel at the side, whereas this model is top rear, so it might not be.

It's most unlikely to be the boiler manufacturer's fault, much more likely the installer.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

Mercaptan is remarkably smelly. Recently a leak of it in Rouen resulted in people reporting gas leaks as far away as Northampton and Dorset.

Colin Bignell

Reply to
Nightjar

,

Looks like my W-B 24jnr which has the pressure vessel at the back.

Reply to
djc

I know; chintz and cardigans/slippers.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

*WRONG*. Air is about 29. It's 80% N2(28), 20% O2 (32)

... so CH4 is still quite a bit lighter than air.

I would have expected the CO (28) in Town gas to stay at the same level, but the H2 (2) to rise quite fast.

Reply to
Martin Bonner

the H2 (2) to rise quite fast.

Yes, sorry, about a kilofortnight since I did much on those lines.

Reply to
PeterC

the H2 (2) to rise quite fast.

My post didn't make it then?