Subject Author Posted Replies

Suffolk Punch Manual ...
I have an old Suffolk Super Punch 75G14-28A - anyone know where I can find a user manual/parts list??
1
1

Chubb 8012 window lock - removal?
I've got a couple of Chubb 8012 locks that won't latch but I can't spot the screws that hold them on the metal window frame and can't find a pic on t'web. Is anyone here familar with these locks?
6
6

Looking for name of fancy bricks
Any idea what these are called? I can't find them on any B&Q/builders merchant website: The variable sized bricks on the convex part of the house on the left. Google Maps
20
20

OT: Smart Motorways and overly smart cameras?
Hi all, So, after seeing HADECS 3 speed camera (flash) going off a few times in a 40mph variable speed section of the M25 (J29 anticlock) the other day got me looking into it all and wondering what...
156
156

I have been saying they need a bigger Wagobox...
Looks rather useful in certain situations. No affiliation - just happened to notice whilst looking for their DIN box that I will use for my heating wiring......
9
9

Shower room screeding done
Thanks to my brilliant mate for helping there - he's done screeding before. 75mm of 3.2:1 sharpsand:cement (because the sand came in 20kg bags, cement 25kg, which worked out at that after deciding to...
1
1

fitted bedsheets for 140 x 200 cm IKEA mattress
I recently bought an IKEA mattress, 140 x 200 cm. I need to buy a good quality fitted bedsheet for this mattress. I phoned Debenhams, and they said they did not supply this size, and suggested a King...
42
42

OT Still they ignore the problem.
Europe still has not realized that the terror which struck its metropolis was a war, and not the mistake of a few disturbed people who misunderstood the Islamic religion. We are apparently not ready...

Pouring fizzy pop from a bottle
We don't drink much, but buy in large bottles 1.25 to 2L. Towards the end the contents is always pretty flat. That due to each time the bottle cap is taken off, pressure is lost before any can be...
18
18

TV Signal
Hi I have a Virgin Tivo box in the lounge which is connected to my router by a cable. I have a TV upstairs and want to connect that to the Tivo box - but wirelessly. Is this possible?
3
3

vcr repairs and servicing and macrovision removal
Hello, I've got a couple of VHS tapes that are not available on DVD so I got my old VCR out of the wardrobe and tried to connect it to my Pioneer freeview dvd recorder. But the dvd recorder displayed...
9
9

Mirror fixing
Mirror in frame, how do I mount this to the wall? The frame looks too thin to screw through it, and that would look lousy. Things that overlap corners of bare glass mirrors aren't deep enough....
12
12

OT: But hilarious
"Every time I've tried one of these paid-for services, it ends the same way: I set it all up in advance so we can sit down later to watch, whereupon the streaming service decides at that very moment...

Best way to repair outdoor furniture
Hi All, I have a swinging bench and over time the joints have come a little loose. I have now taken it apart (several joints were mortise and tenon so had to cut the tenon) and was wondering what the...
10
10

OT More nuclear waste problems.
These people just don't want to deal with nuclear waste properly. Emergency declared at Hanford nuclear reservation in state’s south-east, but no one is injured and officials detect no release of...
26
26