Subject Author Posted Replies

Roller garage door end bungs
I need to replace a couple of the plastic end bungs on the ends of my electric roller garage door. Its one of those double skinned alloy ones, with insulation between the outer and inner. The plastic...
2
2

OT: Electricity from Gas in your home
Aside from natural gas being a finite resource, the following looks interesting. A British company making a world beating product, fuel cells. Cheap abundant materials, existing manufacturing...
2
2

Weird kettle shenanigans
Older multi temp kettle was cutting out at 50C, further investigation showed out it was the relay coil going open circuit when it got hot. As it cooled down it worked again. Not that uncommon a...
6
6

Re: OT: Diane Abbott pulls out of Woman's Hour election debate.........
ROTFL!!! :-D
1
1

Re: Diane Abbott pulls out of Woman's Hour election debate.........
I guess they lost the key to wind her up. I've noticed recently quite a number of politicians displaying worrying traits like being almost human.. grin. Brian

Circuit Breakers
Hi, What current typically is sufficient to break a 32A breaker? I've heard they don't cut at exactly 32A but usually some amount higher. Can someone clarify? cheers, chris
25
25

OT: Guaranteed payment without payment
I'd like to take some sort of payment that I can be confident of being able to cash/pay in if necessary, but most likely won't want to cash it at any time. I'm trying to remember how this was done......
31
31

Boards for shed roof?
Going to be building a new shed shortly. As things stand at the moment, its going to be 2.8mtr square, but the roof is going to overhang the front by 80cm, to give me a bit of shade/shelter when...
5
5

Desensing PIR Detectors
Hi all, Is there a way to make PIR motion sensors a bit *less* sensitive? I have one of these Driveway Alert ones from CPC and it's supposed to have a range of about 30' but is actually detecting...
10
10

Dismanltling Axminster biscuit jointer ?
Hello.. How do you dismantle this Axminster biscuit jointer? The instructions that came with are lost, (I have had it a few years) and I cannot see what needs to be unscrewed to get at the balde so it...
2
2

What external panels to clad an oil shed?
My oil shed walls are clad with asbestos cement panels that probably date from the 60s and are past their best, but the angle iron frame that they're attached to is sound. What are the options for...
4
4

UPVC door.
Wanted a well weather proof door for access to my roof terrace. Period or whatever looks not that important as it's a conversion. The original wood one leaked with driven rain - despite spending quite...
1
1

D Day Remembered
After my time, I was a post war baby, but it looks like the weather patterns we've had in the last few days are reminiscent of 5-6th June 1944, where a glorious few weeks of late May gave way to...
19
19

OT BA cockup
I have seen reports that the BA site was misbehaving on the Friday before catastrophe Saturday. Anyway, their database is still cocked up as the email telling us to check in last Sunday did not appear...
4
4

I built a box to stand my telly on
Been a bit of a long slog this one - I started it mid January! (usual typo warnings apply - feel free to fix / highlight bits that don't make sense)...
63
63