Subject Author Posted Replies

What are these called?
When building a new block wall at 90 degrees to an existing one, what's the correct term for those L-shaped metal strips which are fixed to the existing surface to guide and help secure the new...
6
6

Tree Stumps
I have just cut down a couple ot conifers - only about 10ft high. Do I need to do anything with the stumps or will they naturally just die off as there is nothing to collect sunlight to sustain life....
26
26

VCI Rust Proof Paper Paper
The belt and braces approach add a small tablet of Camphor to the wrapping. or Each of the 20 packets has 4 off very small tablets. This approach has the added advantage of preventing cloths months...
2
2

Bluetoothed power tools
What no one asked for, ever, what could possibly go wrong.... Backed by the largest tool tracking network in the industry, One-Key provides comprehensive inventory management, security, and smart tool...
16
16

SOT: cordless lawnmowers
Well, he hasn't eliminated a mains mower powered by a petrol generator!
66
66

Gap in UPVC window
I've got a UPVC window that has a significant gap - see photos at: It's a wedge-shaped gap top left as seen on the photos and the bottom left side of the window rubs just slightly. If it was a door on...
2
2

Tanking systems for showeroom/wetroom - necessary?
I was wondering if there was any point in these? The scenario is a wetroom on solid screeded floor (on celotex then concrete then DPM). All walls are brick and there's a floor drain. I'd rather not...
15
15

R. Cott 14
Any known gotchas when using 100mm PIR rigid foam between (deeper) attic floor joists? I plan to top up with 100mm Rockwool roll and not use the space for storage of any sort. Is it required to seal...
3
3

Tandems with two sets of gears?
Why aren't tandems made with two sets of gears? Then riders wouldn't have to pedal at the same rate, and changing your gear wouldn't have to be announced to the other rider.
18
18

Sikaflex 291i V CT1?
D-i-yers Has anyone here used *both* CT1 and Sikaflex 291i adhesive / sealants to be able to make a real world comment on them both please? I used CT1 to re-join the 'nothing will glue' plastic tub of...
12
12

[Power] Cracked-up Belgian nukes
"The latest ultrasonic inspections have detected a substantial number of new micro cracks in nuclear reactors at the Tihange and Doel power plants in Belgium since the last study conducted three years...
13
13

coj'kwiz
9/10. Ner! Ner! I got 6 'wrong': "Incorrect. The right answer is ?I won Richard Harris?s spats at the auction.? With a singular proper noun, you add ?s to show possession." What's that about Jesus and...
11
11

Empty batteries bounce
Bouncing batteries to check their charge isn’t an internet myth after all.

how I remove a bearing
I have managed to rescue 3 electrical tools when bearings failed. Probably teaching you lot how to suck eggs but this is how I get the bearing out, just in case it is useful for someone. I use a large...
3
3

Swiss army knives, etc
They are always going to be a bit of a compromise, but I'd love to know which "multi-tools" and/or compact screwdrives that you guys rate. I have a Leatherman Crunch which I quite like, but I find it...
34
34