Subject Author Posted Replies

Cutting concertina plastic door
bout 3-4 cm to come off. Unfortunately, it seems to have metal rods running through it. Best way to do? Thinking dremel.... Or tin snips maybe for the plastic?
3
3

Decent make of 1/4 turn lever taps?
Hi, I've had some taps from an online retailer (proper bathroom fittings vendor, not some misc junk shifter) and I'm not happy with them... I've had splines work loose (too fine), a cartridge fail and...
14
14

Digital Meter
I got involved with someone who was wiring a external LED Floodlight into some old wiring. The light didn't work and from a brief tracing of the cable back to the switch I suspect it has 2 lives....
82
82

Any tips on digital projector feature for artwork?
What digital projector features would be most useful for tracing artwork onto a large canvas? Do more lumens mean the projector needs less room darkness to project the image clearly? Is the ability to...
5
5

Council tax increase
Only peripherally to do with DIY, I'm afraid... Last year I had a loft conversion done on my bungalow: it was a long and messy job and I moved out for nearly six months. I decided to remove the...
45
45

Knives.
See this failing government want to have knives bought on line collected in person. Presumably to prevent kids buying them. How does a kid buy things online? Or rather pay for them? Or is this just...
70
70

air compressor problem
We have a small air compressor similar to this On start up it will occassionally struggle to get up to speed. It just rumbles and rocks. Has to be turned off and on again. Is this likely to be easily...
19
19

Garden taps and frost
I'm in the process of adding two taps to the garden. Both involve longish runs of standard 1/2" black plastic (?) pipe which will be surface laid in a ditch and will terminate in brass garden taps...
7
7

OT:Dynamic David Davies or "thick as mince" ?
Well not quite: Brexit secretary David Davis took part in less than an hour of discussions with the EU on the first day of substantive negotiations with Brussels before his early return to...
10
10

Ot: Getting smart meters installed; which supplier does it quickly?
I'm going to be out of pocket by £200 to £400 over the coming 12 months, due to the dropping of Ebico's partnership with Southern Electric. I have prepayment meters, which have been there since I...
10
10

Shower: where to begin
Need a surface mounted thermostatic mixer shower. Hot pressure is much lower than cold, ie vented cylinder versus mains. Any recommendations, suggestions etc? NT
35
35

Where do the Door locking mechanism rods go
Rover 25
6
6

None electrically conductive stainless steel
Is there such a thing, if so I have never heard of it. I am aware that its conductivity is not good (3 to 10% of that of copper), depending on the type, but not conducting - I have never heard of....
6
6

X-Post - Phone based utility to rebroadcast an incoming message
I am pondering a facility where any subscribed person can send a message to an address and all subscribed people then see this. Very much like the old style mailing lists but brought up to date for...
7
7

Repairing cracks in pebble-dashed render
Hi all, I've noticed some cracks have appeared in the south facing wall. Looks like they've been previously 'repaired' some years ago and I'd like to re- do them properly before going over the entire...
6
6