Subject Author Posted Replies

Stingers?
When anyone mentions stingers I think of those things with hollow nails that they an stop speeding cars with! Brian
1
1

Battery registration Audi A4
So, I got a new battery and it's nice and fully charged. Same make as the old one it is replacing. I also have an OBD scanner specifically for Audi. I managed to fully charge the old battery and when...
1
1

Any opinions on these Bosch drill/drivers?
Continuing my search for compact drill/drivers I'm considering spending rather more than I had hoped on these:- Does anyone here have any experience of these - good or bad?
12
12

Part required to repair
Australia Made Kenwood chef A703C motor spins ok but only at maximum speed, what part do I need to replace?
6
6

Neighbour's extension
New neighbours moved in next door. They immediately submitted an application for a kitchen/dining room extension that will take their house right to the boundary (minus 30cm to allow for a gutter...)....
55
55

Looking for 10.8v or 12v cordless with spindle lock
I'm looking to replace my long serving 10.8v Titan (i.e. Screwfix own brand I think) drill and I'm having a really hard time finding anything. I want either 10.8v or 12v so there's no bulky battery...
19
19

OT: Supermarket meat vs butchers
I'd always used a local butchers (I passed there daily, while going to the post office) until he retired some years ago, then sadly soon after passed away, top bloke, well missed. Anyway, after he...
11
11

Strange WiFi SSID
In the last day or two a new network has appeared on my computer’s WiFi list. It has the name of (quote) Living Room Display.C0EB.ync, (unquote). Google is not being my friend in determining what...
23
23

How to remove conservatory trim
the inside of my conservatory at gutter level. I suspect that there is a lighting cable I need to get at behind the pictured trim. I've tried pulling hard and can't shift nail (?), nor can I get a...
3
3

A bit of forward thinking can be useful
Don't always go for the obvious! Four years ago we had a central ceiling light fitted in the lounge of our bungalow. At the same time I put in replacement wall lights and the single wall light switch...
14
14

Driving a sound bar
My TV has a sound bar. It is connected by an optical cable. The TV itelf is connected to an ethernet switch, an HDMI cable and by coax to TV aerial distribution amplifier. I have a computer...
25
25

High viscosity grease for worm gears (telescope mount)
I bought an EQ2-mounted telescope and (foolishly) decided to strip and clean it. The slo-mos' worm drives were packed with black gunge which I scrupulously cleaned out. This was a mistake; the gunge...
6
6

OT: Freecycle offer
"OFFER: CITYSPORTS walking treadmill, speed goes up to 6mph, machine needs some work. (Thetford)". Ah, ok, 'needs some work'. This probably means that there is no speed control, we had one like that....
9
9

Why do circuit breakers go up for on and down for off?
Why do circuit breakers go up for on and down for off? Would they work installed upside down?
1781
1781

Why don't car batteries have a better state of charge indicator?
Why don't car batteries have a better state of charge indicator (the little green float)? It could be on the side and go a few inches along a sloping tube, telling you the precise battery charge...
38
38