Subject Author Posted Replies

Cokin
I have an old Cokin 67mm sq filter holder. I need to get adapter rings for it but am confused by the Cokin terminology which appears to have changed since when I last used these ( pre digital) I'm...
5
5

Electrical cable not conforming to standards - NZ - here?
A couple of articles: and . Apparently electrical cable is being imported into NZ and not tested because it has certification from overseas (medium risk). There is now a call for local testing as some...
9
9

OT The DM is getting concerned about mumsnet
So bad that the National Trust are said to be concerned about their adverts appearing in the wrong place. One commenter has written :- "I always thought Mumsnet was another way of describing the...
42
42

Car park collapse
There seem to be a distinct lack of rebar in the bit that's fallen off. That can't be right surely? Tim The front fascia wall of an NCP car park in central Nottingham falls away.
42
42

Part P England Special Locations
I must have missed this: Page 6: 2.5 / 12 / 9 According to that, work is only notifiable in Zones 0,1 and 2 - the rest of the room is not covered... Interesting...
3
3

Floor paint
Son has built this huge 3-car+ garage/workshop on the piece of his garden where I used to park my big boat trailer. :-( :-( The new concrete floor is dusty, so he has asked me about painting it. I see...
11
11

Workshop dust extraction
I'm just starting to set-up a workshop at the "new" house. The floor is now concreted and painted so thoughts are starting to turn (in parallel with the zillions of other projects that I keep...
18
18

OT: Smell memories
Why do we smell things and forget what it's a smell of? Yet you wouldn't forget what the sigh or sound of something was.
8
8

Carpentry advice wanted please.
I'm fitting a kitchen workbench in a cupboard under the stairs which houses the washing machine and all the usual cleaning paraphernalia. Size approx 1400 x 1200mm. The bench will go all along the...
11
11

And another email funny
We used to be on Tiscali/talktalk, but now on Plusnet. TT still accepts and allows download of incoming email, but not sending. I am using Outlook 97, which is set to send and receive via several...
13
13

OT - ish - Video capture / editing
HI folks Continuing my thoughts about the Raspberry PI / video-wall installation.... - which will be kind of d-i-y, as I'll be doing it myself - and I know that there a people here with wide...
4
4

Roofing question.
Have a flat roof (standard roofing felt) that meets up with a sloping slated one. The flat roof is angled slightly so the slate roof takes all the rain water from it. The joint between the two is...
6
6

How to cover a large soakaway?
I have a Well soakaway (to pump water into before it runs clear and could be pumped into the loft tanks - all now redundant) and a soakaway that takes the septic tank output before (presumably)...
13
13

Dimmer spares.
Have lots of dimmers here, and the most common failure is the push on/off switch - part of the pot. And haven't been able to find a source of them.
43
43

email funny
The email server has started putting up the following message on some addresses. An error occurred while sending mail. The mail server responded: Please turn on SMTP Authentication in your mail...
15
15