Subject Author Posted Replies

Sleeving the earth - my imagination?
As a corollary to my earlier thread, I have also seen white sleeving on the earth. I thought green was used before the present green and yellow. Was white ever used to represent earth?
12
12

Plastic window - what are the best materials?
I want to replace a window in our boat with plastic, it needs to be 5mm thick but apart from that there's no particular limitations. What's the best type of plastic for scratch resistance and...
31
31

2 live wires - my imagination?
In a lightswitch the wire entering is live but once the switch is turned on so to is the wire leaving. Is it my imagination or was it once the practice to place red (at the time) sleeve on the...
20
20

OT - calling all hipsters - C90 cassette - HK2000
Remember a pal buying a separates Pioneer system. Not the most expensive on the market, but not cheap either. Every single unit had the mains earth connected to chassis. I suppose to conform to UK...
67
67

Cleaning Block Paving
I really don't want to get into Jet Washiong as I believe it ruins the surface of the blocks - however I would like to restore the subtle colours and was thinking of going out when it next rains hard...
8
8

Has anyone here rebuilt a TuffTorq transaxle?
My Countax C600H mower is losing drive when warm and struggling with slopes. Replacing the belts has made no difference so it seems that it's the transaxle - a TuffTorq K46 (judged from the parts...
1
1

OT: School Meals services to be axed ...
.. private enterprise to step in.
10
10

Tool ID please.
Found on the pavement. Tool is steel, about 2 inches long and 1/2 inch diameter with a knurled mid-section and flattened domed ends. Pictures here:- Looks like some form of punch but which...
12
12

Mark-O-Matic tape measure.
I'd guess this was made in the US by the name - and the tape has just snapped. Case appears to be welded, too. Just a tape measure so easily replaced? No. It has retractable pencil leads at either end...
25
25

Look no hands!
Just came across this on Youtube quite remarkable how she copes, makes my moaning re a bit of Arthritis pale into insignificance;! © 2020 Tisha Unarmed All Rights Reserved have you ever dreaded...
11
11

IBC water tanks?
Possibly hundreds of versions. It was a big thing in Germany, starting about 1920. That's why I would guess that reducing the drag of the pole is irrelevant -- because it is a small part of the total....
38
38

OT BBC
Last of the Attack Dog presenters steps down. Another snowflake takes over. Andrew Neil is stepping down as host of the BBC’s Sunday Politics programme, to be replaced by BBC Scotland editor...
6
6

OT Tots trained to kill.
"Who's doing the radicalisation" says David Vance as employees at a Belgian Kindergarten are concerned about 'radicalised' children. Like what you see? Please subscribe http://youtube.com/RTUKnews...
3
3

OT: 11mph Odd site speed limit ?
Driving through the M6 roadworks I noticed that there were signs for the site speed limit (i.e. where the work is being carried out) that were for 11mph. Struck me as an odd number ... SWMBO suggested...
64
64

Additional tap for unsoftened water?
As part of a major refurb I'm planning to install a water softener that will provide softened water to all the existing hot/cold taps, but I want to add a tap for unsoftened water in a few places...
11
11