Subject Author Posted Replies

Correct or not correct
From the link "Nine more points are needed for Gordon Strachan's side to have a chance of pipping Slovakia to second spot and that possible play-off berth." With three games remaining, BBC Sport looks...
40

Beginner airbrush
Only tangentially DIY, but are any of the beginner kits rated? You know the airbrush ,compressor, cleaning tools all in one kit. Not requiring one of the whoop-e-do brushes at £100s so was thinking...
1
1

How to determine whether two separate tiled floors at ground level are even with each other?
Add detergent to the water?
14
14

OT: Firefox: scheduling/automating copies of webpages
Longshot, I know, but there's a wealth of knowledge here. I've been using Page Saver from Pearl Crescent to take screen dumps of webpages for a while and been very happy with it. You can click and...
5
5

Messy front Garden
Is there a way that neighbours can force someone to tidy an unsightly garden. Mate has neigbour at head of cul-de-sac with 4 or 5 moss covered cars and a caravan, some lorry tires, a collapsed shed...
21
21

Search annoyance OT
Searching for travertine style ceramic tiles I am finding lots of sites which require you to sign up/log in or continue in chrome before allowing further progress. I know I can just sign up but this...
18
18

Bathroom wiring questions
Hi all I am doing our bathroom up and we are having a cupboard with a couple sinks on top. The kids want to get electric tooth brushes so am wondering what my options are for providing power to the...
39
39

Water leak at female copper to male pvc joint
Is it possible that I over thighten the pvc fitting causing it to leak both times that I tried repairing it
4
4

Warped pine plank in flat pack loft bed.
Hi, I have recently bought a flat pack loft bed online and the top guardrail at the front of the bed seems to be warped in such a way that it bends towards the inside of the bed next to where is...
6
6

Use of Eco insulation...not advised
I dunno whether to laugh or cry. Real wool insulation now a moth ridden £10,000 nightmare, and the owners can't sue the company that installed it because like most Green shit companies, they went out...
25
25

Spares
When I moved into this house in 1990, I found in the loft two interlocking concrete tiles, and thought what a good idea for the builders to leave a couple of spares. I've never needed them, but today...
3
3

fireplace help
We moved into an old house a year ago and want to do something with this metal hollow fireplace.I don't want to remove it from the wall but it looks like the surface is peeling away on the back plate...
3
3

Magnifying lamps
Getting to the stage where I am struggling to see small 'stuff' that I am trying to work on, and thinking about a magnifying lamp of some type. There are the simple plug in USB powered LED types,...
37
37

OT Another Green stealth tax?
I've just listened to a Government minister on the radio suggest that _everyone_ wins from fitting solar panels to 800,000 social housing properties. The tenants get the solar panels fitted for free....
6
6

Copper cable K type thermocouple connectors Disaster?
Hi Some nameless cretin decided it would be a good idea to streamline the selection of signal cable connectors on a current little device I'm playing with. We have K type two pin connectors for...
13
13