Subject Author Posted Replies

OT Bike ride
► Watch Rampage 2016 LIVE HERE Oct 14: http://win.gs/Rampage2016YT See firsthand what it's like to rip down one of th...
2

Arduino based battery discharge alarm / coding help.
Hi all, I'm aiming to d-i-y a battery discharge alarm that will be 'matched' to 3 identical 12V Lead Acid Gel traction batteries, used with an electric outboard. The quick overview is that it will...
16
16

Soldering
I may have a need to bring myself up to speed with some electronics repair, and may need to invest in some more modern technology. For example, using a blowlamp to desolder chips is probably no longer...
28
28

OT Jury service. At 75? Are they serious?
I've just received a summons to serve as a juror. I'm 75 years old and thought I'd got away with it but apparently you have to be 76 or older to be exempt. I'm not sure I can stay awake for a full day...
76
76

Quality precision screwdriver set wanted, plus weird heads set as well
I'm trying to find a decent quality set of precision screwdrivers along wit h all the wierd an wonderful heads that can be found nowadays, here's an ex ample. I'm just sick and tired of having one set...
16
16

Moss on path
I use gyphosate spray to kill growing between the bricks of my block path but it doesn't kill not the moss. Would something this be suitable for killing the moss? The path area is about 40 metres...
24
24

OT : Recs for Sat Navs with Free Map Updates
Tomtom has the full map in the phone's memory (sd card) so you don't need a phone/data signal for it to work. From what I understand other Sat Nav applications do not need a phone signal to work. What...
57
57

Correct or not correct
From the link "Nine more points are needed for Gordon Strachan's side to have a chance of pipping Slovakia to second spot and that possible play-off berth." With three games remaining, BBC Sport looks...
40
40

Beginner airbrush
Only tangentially DIY, but are any of the beginner kits rated? You know the airbrush ,compressor, cleaning tools all in one kit. Not requiring one of the whoop-e-do brushes at £100s so was thinking...
1
1

How to determine whether two separate tiled floors at ground level are even with each other?
Add detergent to the water?
14
14

OT: Firefox: scheduling/automating copies of webpages
Longshot, I know, but there's a wealth of knowledge here. I've been using Page Saver from Pearl Crescent to take screen dumps of webpages for a while and been very happy with it. You can click and...
5
5

Messy front Garden
Is there a way that neighbours can force someone to tidy an unsightly garden. Mate has neigbour at head of cul-de-sac with 4 or 5 moss covered cars and a caravan, some lorry tires, a collapsed shed...
21
21

Search annoyance OT
Searching for travertine style ceramic tiles I am finding lots of sites which require you to sign up/log in or continue in chrome before allowing further progress. I know I can just sign up but this...
18
18

Bathroom wiring questions
Hi all I am doing our bathroom up and we are having a cupboard with a couple sinks on top. The kids want to get electric tooth brushes so am wondering what my options are for providing power to the...
39
39

Water leak at female copper to male pvc joint
Is it possible that I over thighten the pvc fitting causing it to leak both times that I tried repairing it
4
4