Subject Author Posted Replies

OT Ubuntu drive/ directory/ NFS issue
Hi All, I have all my files stored on a central Ubuntu based server with 3 drives 1. the OS 2. all my data 3. local backup It has been fine for a few years but annoyingly recently when accessing the...
8
8

Has anyone got experience with underfloor heating for lofts?
I was trying to find concrete/screed floorboards that can be used as the structural floorboard and at the same have the grooves for the underfloor heating pipes. The idea of using a concrete/screed...
7
7

Contact welding
One for the electricians. I am about to embark on swapping my workshop twin 5' fluorescents with LED replacements. We have had this discussion before but I don't recall anyone else experiencing this...
39
39

Re: Car Leasing rant
As a continuation of the document saga with this car dealer, they are now demanding that I send my driving licence. This I will not do, because of the potential for cloning, whilst out of my sight. I...
9
9

Egg Slice
I have broken my egg slice so went on to Amazon to find a replacement. All it turned up was those small devices for slicing eggs to go in sandwiches. I got on the their chat service and it seems what...
73
73

AA RAC
can anyone explain why they are both insuance based ?
12
12

Ait to air heat pump/aircon
I'm considering installing (having installed) some air conditioning to cool the house on the few (but getting less rare) days when the air temperature is around 30C or more. Although anything above...
7
7

OT: Re-enabling Internet Explorer
Thanks to Microsoft I was unable to look at a CCTV system today after a Windows 10 update. Viewing images needs a plugin for Internet Explorer 11 and no other browser seems to work with this plugin....
27
27

Scammers?
I have had a number of calls this week, indeed two today who replace the phone when confronted by the call screener. I rang it back just now. Its some crowd calling itself Energy saving Hub. Obviously...
23
23

IKEA wheelchair provision
I want to take my wife to IKEA in Wembley to examine some furniture "in the flesh" so to speak. I tried to find out if they provide wheelchairs for disabled customers. I found their website and help...
9
9

OT: Mailmerge oddity Excel -> Word, Win-11
I watched this chap today have a mailmerge problem. He had a spreadsheet with say 30 rows, one column of which was supposed to contain dates in UK format, such as 21/2/23 for today. When he used the...
24
24

10% off at Iceland
see you need to download an app now to get it...how do I do that on my nokia 1100 ?
29
29

mental case ? ....
- With liquid crystal display, read data more clearly - Built-in large capacity lithium battery, do not worry about the impact of sudden power failure - Supports Type-C interfaces - Whip antenna,...
20
20

Fixing bump in car bodywork
Hi all, I have a dent (100mm) in the bonnet of my mini. The paint is not split or anything so was wondering how easy it would be to push it back out. There is a strengthening bar the other side of the...
15
15

NiMH batteries (idle thoughts)
Everyone goes on about lithium batteries as the goal for cars, etc, and whilst they have a higher energy density, that 'ultimate' performance isn't always needed. Milk floats got by on lead acid...
49
49