Subject Author Posted Replies

The correct tools for the job
In the past I've purchased the odd can of expanding foam of the type with a aerosol plunger and the long plastic straw dispenser and found it to be a right PITA to use. This time, again with only a...
9
9

door to door salespests
a nice suggestion I just saw: "Say that the judge made it very clear they?re not allowed to talk to people from charities any more. Not after last time." NT
105
105

Apple press (AKA making cider!)
The apples are starting to fall so it's time to make use of them. Has anyone any recommendations for types of apple press to make or buy? I haven't tried making cider before. There's loads of info on...
12
12

Travertine tiles on plastered wall - weight issues.
Hi, Just started the shower room tiling (floor first). I'm using 200x100x10mm travertine for everything. One thing has occurred to me though - these are quite heavy. My scales are busted, but...
33
33

How to liven up a trip to B&Q
One person was treated for minor injuries.
10
10

Huge woodworking project....
Not! Napkin holder - DIYWiki
9
9

Rehau windows
Trying to decide which manufacturer to use to replace Victorian sliding sas hes with uvpc. There seem to be more than one "heritage" range with run thr ough sashes, deep bottom rail, and mechanical...
12
12

Water hardness
I need to measure the hardness of our water (I suspect the softener isn't working). Can I find either of the test kits I have? Can I fuck. Are these digital TDS ("Total Dissolved Solids") test "pens"...

TOT: kaolin and morphine
TOT even by uk.d-i-y standards. I am running out (excuse the pun!) of kaolin and morphine and it seems no-one stocks it any more. Does anyone know if it has been banned / discontinued? Does anyone...
15
15

workzone heavy duty power puller model THDPP-2/2014
I bought this puller for my husband but there is no paperwork/instructions in the box. Can anyone please tell me where to get a manual or can someone scan one in for me?
5
5

Parkside multitool sanding pads
Can anyone tell me where to get more sanding pads for this tool as Lidl only sell the pack with extra blades as well. Daughter bought a similar pack from Aldi but the discs keep sliding off the tool...
9
9

DRAYTON DIGITAL SCR
my wireless receiver works fine for the heating but has started to pick and choose when it comes on for the hot water, sometimes it works for a week them working for a couple of weeks. has anyone...
2
2

Lidl ultrasonic cleaner
I bought one of these recently and today got around tuit, to try polishing my polycarbonate lensed glasses. Using warm water and a non foaming universal cleaner detergent. The lenses had developed...
9
9

What's going on with my drains?? Please help!!!
I live in a tenement flat that occupies the ground and basement floors. The bathroom is on the ground floor and the kitchen is underneath in the basement. For the last couple of years, most evenings...
2
2

ping Bert Coules
My local ASDA are doing the cheap plastic boxes with lids again from ?5 for a very big one and less for smaller ones at the moment.........
1
1