Subject Author Posted Replies

Offspring of the Microsoft Paperclip.
Oh.... here we go. Join Team FranLab!!!! Become a patron and help support my YouTube Channel on Patreon: http://www.patreon.com/frantone #franlab #chat #rant - Music by Fran Blanche - Fran on Twitter...
5
5

Lower voltage diode the other side of a step up transformer?
Can I put a diode BEFORE a step up transformer so I can use a lower voltage diode for half wave rectification?
78
78

Government electricity subsidy
For a low consumption user of electricity , ie substantially in credit at the moment, lose it come April or some such date.? Then does the utility company say , that'll do nicely , as it poskets this...
10
10

Quick question - power washer on polycarbonate roofing?
The polycarbonate over the veranda and car port is getting grubbier and grubbier. In the past I've used a brush on the end of a hose, but there are some growths which are hard to shift. Has anyone...
4
4

Co. Name on van "Luga Baruga"
I asked the driver what they did, what did the name mean. He said it was how some people pronounce 'Loughborough' Shades of Bicester
76
76

new phone system
Virgin media have upgraded to a new fibre network. Find out about our landline upgrade, if you're eligible and how to get one installed within your home here. Virgin media have upgraded to a new fibre...
43
43

Bolting two cabinets together
I am going to have to bolt two IKEA cabinets together: have been trying to find two bolts that screw into each other. I hae seen such things but I seem unable to describe them well enough for google...
19
19

How many ways can you pronounce 'ough'
dough cough rough plough ought
36
36

Mounting a LED mirror
I have a mirror with the following mounting holes: per usual 2 crap screws and screws were supplied that were not fit for purpose on so many counts! Any pointers for the correct bracket or suggested...
13
13

OT: Cost of living
So, as a householder I can make savings, turn the heating down, take fewer baths, use inefficient things like the oven less etc. In business though, it is what it is and our energy costs are far...
41
41

Light pollution is disruptive to many species,...
A Manifesto for Loving the Darkness, and Not Metaphorically Light pollution is disruptive to many species, from corals to bats to the humans who put up all those lights. “The Darkness Manifesto”...

Cars without spare wheels
I was looking at new VW Polos and Golfs and I noticed that they did not have spare wheels or even a jack. I think there was a kit for blowing some sealing foam into the tyre and a tyre inflator that...
138
138

EE Broadband price rise.
I have been notified that my EE broadband charges are going up by 14% after March.
37
37

OT: NHS Fail
I have a mobile 'phone that I only turn on when either I want to make a call using it, or I am expecting a call back on it. I do not keep it with me at all times, nor do I check it daily for messages....
68
68

getting worried
my 2007 wagon r has reached 128,000 miles and is still on its original clutch, spark plugs coil pack and fan belt is this normal?...had to replace the rusted out fuel tank both the electric window...
5
5