Subject Author Posted Replies

Heating system upgrade
r than it being slow to heat due to low stat setting. desludge radiator system, install magnetic/filter cleaner. Pump vanes might also be blocked with crud, clean em out. CH thermostat may need...
10
10

Silver foil
Also, sparkly poo, too ;)
140
140

Flat roof replacement - What material
The last flat roof I had recovered was done with felt and pitch with little stones on the job. It was more than 25 years ago. What I remember was that I got the roofer to use a good quality felt....
13
13

Central Heating: Radiators only hot when hot water tank being heated
I have an old Thorn Apollo boiler, a Randall 4033 timer and a 3 wire thermostat. Until now this system has been very reliable but now the radiators now only heat up when the boiler is heating the hot...
6
6

Grenfell cladding factory on fire
Great. It can fan its own flames then :-)
4
4

OCGT up. coal up. no solar power and britain is net electricity exporter to Europe amd Irleand
becaus it is ,more expensive and doesnt work as well?
19
19

slippy plastic for drawers runners?
found some runners 50p each from ebay, buying 24 to experiment with, (and a metre of UHMW Tape). I may cut up an old chopping board too! thanks. [g] UHMW FAQs - Frequently Asked Questions about UHMW |...
16
16

The Express.
Not having £3million to spend its not something I thought about Not having a plane or a girlfriend its not something I thought about Not having enough money to do that, its not something I thought...
52
52

private parking ticket
I was thinking of doing something like that it is private land after all and you don't need to display your number plate........
13
13

Central heating antifreeze and injection point
wouln't that also apply to any anti-corrosion addative?
17
17

Is wood stain different these days?
The first time I did the front door, maybe 20 years ago, the wood stain I got was like a sort of dark varnish. It looked great, with a nice, even glossy finish. Doing it again more recently, I find...
10
10

Help - fed up with bleeding radiators
I need to ensure I've got all the air out of my closed pressurised system in order to resolve/eliminate another issue. Pressure is around 0.8bar when I start, down to about 0.5bar when I've finished...
17
17

Dodgy DIY
The fire alarm company I worked for about 25 years ago installed alarms and did electrical work in all the BT buildings. They regularly encountered electrical stuff, including with mains potential,...
29
29

Information on WTO trading for anyone interested in facts.
What will happen with UK's exports to non-EU countries if there is no Brexit deal?
11
11

combi with existing tank question
Firstly the link to Ed's boiler page in the FAQ seems to point to a dud url. I recently did some voluntary gardening work for a retired lady and whilst I was there she had a new gas cooker fitted with...
17
17