Subject Author Posted Replies

Sockets on Different Phases ?
When I've wired runs of 240v single phase 13A sockets in various buildings on the farm I've always put them all on one phase so that there is no danger of 415v phase to phase accidents when using...
31
31

regex guru required
Given the string: Word_1Word_3Word_4 What regex magicary for PHP's preg_match_all that can extract just the text of the "Word_n" fields *including* the empty Word_2. That is I want a list or four...
15
15

Central Heating Cleaner
Do they all need to be thoroughly removed after a short period? My system had 3 sluggish radiators. I had one re-piped during some alterations. It turned out I had some sediment in the outlet union...
7
7

Gender - the most important factor in Westminister
According to MSM, esp the BBC, the most important factor in choice of a new gov minister is... their GENDER!!!!!!!!!
3
3

So that's where they're from.
After years of wondering where all those little grey plastic tubes in the garden come from, the light has finally dawned...
10
10

Creaking rocking chair
My sister-in-law has a rocking chair that creaks annoyingly. See picture for mechanism: So far as I can see the bolt has a spring around it that controls the rocking mechanism. She has tried oiling it...
6
6

OT Excel formula help
Hi peeps, I couldn?t find an active ng to ask this question in so t hought I?d ask here:-) Need a formula to calculate which age range an employee is currently in and display the result in cell c10 ie...
18
18

BBC1 Getting the Builders in
Anybody else watching this series? Each programme follows a couple of small household refurbs. Three builders quote for each, one is chosen, and does the job. Moderately interesting, quite a range of...
14
14

Nenette
any ideas what I can re-fill my Nennette with? .......
2
2

Which knot?
In message , GB writes You could use a slip knot and take the loop round the door edge and frame. Still not secure but you have doubled your mechanical advantage:-)
52
52

glue
I just use carpet tape.
4
4

too hot water
Are you sure that you haven't left an electric immersion heater on (assuming both methods available for heating a tank of water)? The thermostat controlling the hot water in a tank is usually clipped...
6
6

Heating System Upgrade (possible duplicate)
They might be triggering the DHW pump direct from the stat. That would limit the maximum DHW temperature to under 49 deg as well... (not good from a sanitary point of view) With a modern condensing...
4
4

So how much power does an oil filled radiator actually use.
1.164kW
147
147

Heating system upgrade
r than it being slow to heat due to low stat setting. desludge radiator system, install magnetic/filter cleaner. Pump vanes might also be blocked with crud, clean em out. CH thermostat may need...
10
10