8mm Propane Gas Valve

I am looking for an 8mm spigotted Gas Isolating Valve (or a F/I screwed Val= ve and some M/I spigots)to cut into the 8mm tube to my propane greenhouse h= eater. All the ones I can find are Compression Fittings. I know I could put= a piece of 8mm copper tube either side and use hose clips but I dont think= that that is permissable.

The problem is that I turn the Gas off at the Gas Bottle most nights and it= takes an age to purge the air out of the 1.5 metres of rubber tubing and g= et the pilot to stay on. If I put a valve adjacent to the heater this shoul= d cut this problem down.

Merryterry

Reply to
Merryterry

Why not? - what's the rubber hose held onto the heater and regulator with now?

Why not just turn the heater off and leave the gas bottle switched on?

Reply to
Phil L

and some M/I spigots)to cut into the 8mm tube to my propane greenhouse heater. All the ones I can find are Compression Fittings. I know I could put a piece of

8mm copper tube either side and use hose clips but I dont think that that is permissable.

takes an age to purge the air out of the 1.5 metres of rubber tubing and get the pilot to stay on. If I put a valve adjacent to the heater this should cut this problem down.

Use flair fittings.

Reply to
F Murtz

Would something lie a non-return valve at the heater end of the tube work?

Search ebay for "8mm non return valve"

Or depending on the fitting to bottle/heater a hose with an inbuilt non-return valve. BES is one company that has these

alan