8cm legs/plinth - IKEA Faktum?

Hi

Does anyone know if IKEA Faktum (kitchen cab) plastic legs can be cut down to 8cm (from 16cm) and remain functionally sound?

If not, I'm looking for ideas on how to raise cabs from floor safely by exactly 8cm - sorry, I'm not too handy and pushed for time ...

TIA

Flynn

Reply to
Flynn

No, they can't.

However, you can buy the shortest (11cm) stainless legs, remove the screwed insert at the top, cut them down with a hacksaw or grinder, and then put the insert back in.

If it's all going to be hidden behind a plinth, you could simply use wooden blocks under the side panels of the units. You don't need legs at the back at all, just sit everything on a batten screwed to the wall.

Dave

Reply to
DaveN

Get a length of 2x2" and saw 8cm long lumps off it. Dab of no more nails etc on the end and sit them in place.

Reply to
John Rumm

If there's any possibility that someone may lean heavily on the carcase bases in future, eg while doing plumbing or electrical work at the back, it's worth properly supporting them anyway. I've had chipboard floors in units break (possibly having got damp in the past). They're now all held up with blocks as well as their legs.

Reply to
Jeremy Nicoll - news posts