Subject Author Posted Replies

Mattress, which one?
Friends wants a new very firm mattress. or is £84.99, oddly cheap. Can anyone shed any light on this or other mat tress choices? She wants 5ft kingsize extra firm. NT
27
27

Electric Oven Temp Control
I've noticed that over the last couple of weeks, food has been coming out of our oven under-done. From time to time in the past I've used an infra- red laser/gun type device to check the dial temp...
3
3

Heating Oil Purity
Anyone know how much water is permitted in kerosene? I bought (just in case of emergency) two 20 litre gerry cans full of oil from a small independent supplier where I live and discovered quite by...
4
4

.jpg enlarge -Windows 10
This is a copy of the entire instruction manual for a carcam, just as supplied by the manufacturer. 8x pages of instruction, all of the pages on one side of an A4 sheet in a landscape of 4 x 2 grid....
4
4

Grid's a bit iffy
It's at 45GW and climbing - but we are 3 reactors down according to: Sizewell B is planned, but Hartlepool and Hunterston B both have 1/2 reactors tripped out and the latter is marked as "return on...
12
12

OT Bitcoin pyramid
BITCOIN Pyramid A lot of monkeys lived near a village. ??????? One day a merchant came t o the village to buy these monkeys!?????? ?? He announced that he will buy the monkeys @ $100 ea ch. ?? The...
14
14

Dishwasher pong
Have got complaints of a pongy dishwasher. Washed items come out smelly too. They've tried hot washes with washing up liquid, washing powder & bleach with no joy. Smells like drains. The hottest...
18
18

Re: Shite Decorators
I suspect you're just confirming most posters reasons for preferring to DIY jobs ...
1
1

OT N. Korea and Winter Olympcis.
It'll never happen. 99% of them will do a runner when they cross over. Michael Madden examines what's happening behind the scenes to get North Korea to the Games.
3
3

Sticking rubber patch to car mat
As the title suggets - I've been given a spare mat for my car - usual black carpet-like stuff, obviously synthetic but not sure what but it's got a hole in it where the heel rests. I've got a bit of...
8
8

Megger "funny"
Yes I thought that might be what had happened. Just interested that a megger with 320V DC seemed to give about 1 mA while 240V AC gives > 30 mA. But I guess the AC was kicking off an arc.
18
18

OT Interesting project
Red Sea–Dead Sea Water Conveyance - Wikipedia
2
2

OT Came across this (Climate change)
8
8

House insurance
As sems to be well known, I have not lived in my house for over three yesars, after being driven out by a concerted campaign of domestic abuse from a mentally ill very nearly ex-wife. I have...
7
7

air in radiators.
air is getting into my central heating , as fast as i can bleed it out. i noticed the presssure had risen a few weeks ago, and found air in the upstairs rads. after expelling it, the pressure rose...
5
5